A UK based architecture consulting firm was looking for feasibility of a solution that would let their architects and designers furnish a room against a live video feed of a room. The solution had to work on mobiles as well as tablets and needed to be integrated with an eCommerce solution for ordering furniture.
The developed solution was expected to have the following features:
- Ability to virtually place furniture over a live video feed coming from mobile's video
- Ability to provide 360 degree view of the furniture
- Ability to change perspective of the furniture as the user walks about the room.
- Integration with eCommerce functionality for ordering selected furniture
We researched this problem and after several iterations, delivered a working prototype with the following features:
- An eCommerce product catalog to select a piece of furniture to be virtually placed in a room.
- The user could rotate and flip the furniture with a finger to view it from different angles.
- The perspective of the furniture would change as the user moved about the room.
- The selected furniture could then be added to cart and ordered.
- Designed and implemented a working prototype in 4 weeks
- Explored multiple options for solution and selected the final candidate based on accuracy and scalability of the solution
- Provided an implementation roadmap and fixed price cost for evolving the prototype into a production ready system
Design & development of a prototype and a solution for virtual home furnishing
- Client:US Based Fashion House
- Execution Time: 4 Weeks
- Category: Technology Research